With the Read, Write & Type! Learning System,
- HELP a child learn to read! This 40-lesson adventure is
a powerful tool for 6-8 year olds just learning to read, for children of other
cultures learning to read and write in English, and for students of any age
who are struggling to become successful readers and writers.
- TEACH important skills! Children learn phonics, reading,
spelling, writing, vocabulary, punctuation, and even keyboarding.
- ACTIVATE multiple brain systems! Children see, hear, speak,
touch, move their fingers, and laugh with pleasure as they play each new level.
Research shows this is the most efficient and effective way to learn.
SEE impressive results in just fifteen minutes a day!
This simple yet revolutionary program teaches children to read while teaching
them to write! Visual and auditory help comes from the Talking Keyboard and
Helping Hands as children sound-out, spell, and read hundreds of words in
engaging animated games and stories.
- Children learn to hear the individual sounds in
words, and associate each sound with a letter and a fingerstroke
on the keyboard.
- Children use their eyes, ears, mouths, and fingers.
This multi-sensory and motor approach stimulates learning and
helps children who have different learning styles.
- Children develop fluency by making thousands
of letter-sound (phonics) associations.
- Children are engaged and motivated by the
colorful characters, games, animations, and music.
- Children's progress is assessed and tracked by the program, which suggests activities to help them in problem areas.
- Children get instant auditory and visual feedback to correct their errors.
- Parents and teachers can customize the program
for different reading levels and proficiency targets.
- Children think and practice phonics continually as they spell out meaningful words, sentences, and stories.
- Children sound out, read, and write any word they
The Read, Write & Type Learning System™ Learning
System adventure takes place in a fantasy world inside the computer. A lively
gang of storytellers (Ann the Ant, Bud, the Banjo Cass the Cat, etc.) live in
two houses that look like the two halves of a keyboard. A mischievous computer
villain called Vexor tries to steal the letters and prevent the storytellers
from writing down their stories. Two Helping Hands, Lefty and Rightway, help
children foil Vexor through 40 exciting levels, building hundreds of animated
sentences and stories as they go. Children are rewarded with certificates of
advancement after every four letters.
Forty lessons that teach all sounds of English and how to sound-out, write and read English words. Easy sequential steps with help and instructions in other languages.
Overview of the program Read, Write & Type. Examples of ESL students using the program and teachers opinions of the program.
Read, Write & Type helps with Dysexia
Teachers from the El Oro Way Elementary School in Granada Hills, CA speak about their experience with Read, Write & Type and Wordy Qwerty
Sample School Using Read, Write & Type
What the Home Edition Includes:
CD (1) - "Read, Write & Type"
- 55 sound games with more than 200 word pictures
- 118 typing challenges with more than 200 words and
- 40 animated stories with more
than 600 words
- 40 Power Fountain games with 3 difficulty levels and
- 84 writing samples from real
children around the world
CD (2) - "Spaceship Challenge"
- 9 Phoneme Awareness Challenges with more than 90 items
- 9 Reading Comprehension Challenges with more than
- 9 Spelling Challenges with more than 90 items
- Reports of individual or class progress
- 40 printable RWT™ stories
- 120 clip art pictures and Read, Write & Type Learning System™
characters to illustrate original stories
- Activity Book, on PDF file, with one lesson per page, and bonus
play activities to do with your child
- 18 Reading Books, on PDF file, that provide extra practice and fun
with reading stories